This list contains links to resources that may be useful to groups.
To be included on our database, please fill in this form: Information for COSHG Database
See a list of Acronyms for groups.
COSHG Members can submit details about their event; we will feature it in ‘Upcoming Events’ on our Home Page. Just fill in Submission Form for Events Webpage and email us the details at email@example.com.
Looking for an affordable space to hold a meeting, run a class, host an event or study?
Ross House has 10 meeting rooms available for hire, at some of the most affordable prices in Melbourne. Meeting rooms seat between 8 – 80 people and bookings can be made online. Visit www.rosshouse.org.au and make your booking today. By choosing to use the facilities at Ross House, you are supporting the social justice and environment movement in Melbourne.
Sexual assault, family violence, abuse and exploitation
Please call Victoria Police on 000 if you are in immediate danger.
National Sexual Assault Domestic Violence Counselling Service
1800RESPECT / 1800 737 732 (services open for 24 hours).
Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre
Safe Steps on 1800 015 188. Open 24 hours.
Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV)
A state-wide resource centre supporting workers and families to help stop family violence. DVRCV services include:
- Initial telephone support, information and referral to services to assist people who have experienced family violence.
Phone on (03) 8346 5228, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
- Supportive online information to help people who have experienced family violence.
- Training courses for professionals to improve their skills in supporting survivors of violence.
- Publications including books, kits and discussion papers.
- Helpful pamphlets, booklets and websites.
- Information in the following languages for women with disabilities: Greek, Arabic, Mandarin and Vietnamese.
Djirra Aboriginal Family Violence Legal Service
Djirra’s Aboriginal Family Violence Legal Service is dedicated to supporting Aboriginal people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence (women and men). They also assist non-Aboriginal people experiencing family violence who are parents of Aboriginal children.
1800 105 303 (free call)
A leading specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s Eastern Metropolitan Region. EDVOS is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of their training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS provide a broad range of integrated services to support women, children and their pets who are responding to family violence.
Victorian Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA)
The Victorian CASA Forum is the peak body of the 15 Centres Against Sexual Assault, and the Victorian Sexual Assault Crisis Line (after hours). Together they work to ensure that women, children and men who are victim/survivors of sexual assault have access to comprehensive and timely support and intervention to address their needs. Sexual Assault Crisis Line (Victoria) 1800 806 292
- Leadership Victoria (DGR & volunteer insurance required)
- ‘Skilled Volunteers’ A guide for Community Organisations, Vic. Council of Social Services (VCOSS) Clearing House
- Monash/VCOSS IT Industry Experience Projects
- Volunteering Victoria (peak body)
- Justice Connect (Not for Profit Law) (pro bono legal advice and FAQ sheets for community groups)
- Volunteer grants, Commonwealth Department of Human Services
- Leadership Plus (Disability & CALD sectors)
- Our Community (FAQ sheets/training)
- Infoxchange (news, job adverts, projects and much more)
- Groupwork Institute of Australia (facilitation, collaboration and leadership training and courses)
- Borderlands Co-operative (network for holistic community development, activism, sustainability and action research)
- Any Woman any issue, WIRE Women’s Information and Referral Exchange Inc.
- Wisdom Sharing, a digital book of stories by Lotus Group—a brain injury peer support group
Venues and room hire
- Ceres (Brunswick East), Sustainably-built meeting rooms (2-200 people)
- Common Ground Co-operative (near Seymour), Conference and retreat venue
- Ross House Association, Meeting rooms of various sizes in social justice hub
- Camp Eureka Collective, Environmental bush camp made available for group hire
- Neighbourhood Houses Victoria, Listing of Victorian Neighbourhood Houses
- Telephone trees (PDF)
- Group messaging apps (PDF)
- Media Access Australia (Downloadable resources designed to make digital accessibility easier and more affordable) www.mediaaccess.org.au
- Monash IT Industry Experience Projects
- Connectingup (low cost software and reburbished computers)
- Survey Monkey (email surveys)
- Doodle (organising meetings/schedules online)
- Dropbox (saving documents and shared access)
- Themeforest (templates for creating websites)
- WordPress (creating websites)
- Mailchimp (email marketing and campaigns)
- If you want to know about what you can publish and about getting permission, see www.copyright.org.au