This list contains links to resources that may be useful to groups.
To be included on our database, please fill in this form: Information for COSHG Database
COSHG Members can submit details about their event; we will feature it in ‘Upcoming Events’ on our Home Page. Just fill in Submission Form for Events Webpage and email us the details at email@example.com.
Looking for an affordable space to hold a meeting, run a class, host an event or study?
Ross House has 10 meeting rooms available for hire, at some of the most affordable prices in Melbourne. Meeting rooms seat between 8 – 80 people and bookings can be made online. Visit www.rosshouse.org.au and make your booking today. By choosing to use the facilities at Ross House, you are supporting the social justice and environment movement in Melbourne.
- Leadership Victoria (DGR & volunteer insurance required)
- ‘Skilled Volunteers’ A guide for Community Organisations, Vic. Council of Social Services (VCOSS) Clearing House
- Monash/VCOSS IT Industry Experience Projects
- Volunteering Victoria (peak body)
- Justice Connect (Not for Profit Law) (pro bono legal advice and FAQ sheets for community groups)
- Volunteer grants, Commonwealth Department of Human Services
- Leadership Plus (Disability & CALD sectors)
- Our Community (FAQ sheets/training)
- Infoxchange (news, job adverts, projects and much more)
- Groupwork Institute of Australia (facilitation, collaboration and leadership training and courses)
- Borderlands Co-operative (network for holistic community development, activism, sustainability and action research)
- Any Woman any issue, WIRE Women’s Information and Referral Exchange Inc.
Venues and room hire
- Ceres (Brunswick East), Sustainably-built meeting rooms (2-200 people)
- Common Ground Co-operative (near Seymour), Conference and retreat venue
- Ross House Association, Meeting rooms of various sizes in social justice hub
- Camp Eureka Collective, Environmental bush camp made available for group hire
- Neighbourhood Houses Victoria, Listing of Victorian Neighbourhood Houses
- Media Access Australia (Downloadable resources designed to make digital accessibility easier and more affordable)
- Monash IT Industry Experience Projects
- Connectingup (low cost software and reburbished computers)
- Survey Monkey (email surveys)
- Doodle (organising meetings/schedules online)
- Dropbox (saving documents and shared access)
- Themeforest (templates for creating websites)
- WordPress (creating websites)
- Mailchimp (email marketing and campaigns)
- If you want to know about what you can publish and about getting permission, see www.copyright.org.au